[Zope-PTK] Packaging/Installation question

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:15:50 -0400

on 6/16/00 10:17 AM, Shane Hathaway at shane@digicool.com wrote:

> If you use the "distribution" tab, you can create a tarball of
> ZClasses.  Enable the "configurable" option for everything.  If you're
> curious, you can see how this works in App/Product.py.  Basically,
> "product.dat" is a .zexp file.
>
> The only issue is that the "distribution" tab is not made available to
> the end user, so it's not easy to make changes and re-distribute.  OTOH
> some people might say that's a good thing.

I think the bigger question (since this is how I teach people to write code)
is how to distribute ZClasses with their underlying Base product?  What
you'd really like to be ablet o do is point Zope at a "bundle" and have it
do the right thing.  This bundle would have the Python files AND the
ZClasses in it, and it owuld all get automagically intsalled.

Chris