[Zope-PTK] Membership Component Preview Release

Dan L. Pierson dan@sol.control.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:12:45 -0400 (EDT)

Kevin Dangoor writes:
 >     I have pulled the Membership functionality out of the PTK and created a
 > Membership product. This is an early release and shouldn't be used for
 > anything production. No compatibility is guaranteed for future releases. I
 > wanted to get this out there to get some feedback.

I finally got a chance to try this out.  When I try to add Membership
to a clean CVS Zope (with the minimum other stuff needed for
Membership) I always get a "Passwords don't match" error whether or
not I specify an initial user.

But wait!  There's more :-)  The add form shows both the warning about
overwriting an existing LM AND the new Membership stuff.  As I read
installMembership, this shouldn't happen.  I wonder if
installMembership being a DTML Method rather than a DTML Document
might have something to do with these problems?

Also, I'm not sure that MemberMixin should have the toolbox methods for a
separate Membership system.  Of course removing them may mean yet
another mixin for full portal member classes...