[Zope-PTK] PTK

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:09:07 -0400

DETKE WOLFGANG wrote:

> Hallo Tres,
>
> in recent days I have trouble in installing the PTK.
> Now I have solved the problem.
> The Import of the PTK makes a directory-structure like
> zope/lib/python/Products/PTKBase and PTKDemo.
> Now I moved the structure from there to zope/Products and after a restart
> the PTK and other Products (ZopeTutorial, Reender;...) are shown in the
> Product-View in Zope.

Hmm, that is certainly not the way a "standard" Zope install does
things -- are you perhaps using a site hosted at CodeIt?  They have
a convention like that, I think.

> Yesterday I set up the PTK (on redhat-Linux) and it
> works.
> Because I would make a productive Intranet with ZOPE and PTK I was now
> wondering about the shown difficults and problems.
> Either my installation of zope was wrong or some import-packages.
> Do you have any idea about this?
>
> A further question to the PTK:
> As a standard, the documents created by a user are in his
> member-directory and must be activated by a reviewer.
> But in my Intranet-Solution I try to setup a hirarcical structure
> and some users in the role of redakteures are made dokuments in a
> specified folder or subfolder. To do this, I must setup some wizards
> and templates.
>
> Can you give me some ideas for the rights way to do this?

Two things:

* The PTK has a role, "Contributor," which is allows the user holding
  it to publish content without an "outside" review (obviously, you
  would limit this role to "trusted" users).

* The wizards shouldn't have to be used only within a member's "home"
  folder -- you merely need to invoke them within the folder where
  you want the item created. (Later:  Oops, I just checked this, and
  I was wrong -- the wizards seem to put everything in the portal
  root if they are invoked outside a member's folde.  This is a bug.)

I'm CC'ing this back to the PTK list -- in general, it is a good
idea to keep the discussion on the list, so that you benefit from
the whole community's knowledge.

Hope this helps!

Tres Seaver                            tseaver@digicool.com
Digital Creations    "Zope Dealers"    http://www.zope.org