[Zope-PTK] Membership Component Preview Release

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 14:13:22 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Anderson" <bill@libc.org>
To: <zope-ptk@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-PTK] Membership Component Preview Release

> Pretty cool, man!

Thanks!

> So far, I have a few comments:
>
> Complaint: No way to manage the users.
> Is there a way to manage users, such as deleting them, resetting their
> password, changing their roles?

Nope. At this point, I just pulled the functionality out of the PTK. PTK
didn't have any pages for those functions. I agree that these would be
really nice things to have.

> Problem:  The whole acl_users folder causing problems
> ->worked around in other post

I'll check on it.

> Compliment: This thing looks really, really good so far.
>
> I am trying it out on a test site, a duplicate of a production site
> (http://gaming.activeboise.com).
>
> I have a problem with adding ZClass instances, but I think it is related
> to the security model changes in 2.2.
>
> In nutshell:
> -> I have the MeetingMangement product installed.
> -> Anonymous users can sign up.
> -> Members, have the permissions, but
>    can't sign up, the forbidden page
>    telling me I need to have Manager
>    role.

I haven't done a whole lot of work with the Member roles, etc. I've just
used the Manager role at this point.

Kevin