[Zope-PTK] new to Zope/PTK- questions on fetching data

Sean Kelley sean@horse101.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:29:29 -0700

How do you create displays of Links, etc in the PTK?  Something like the
"recent news" would be fine.  I am looking at the recent_news dtml
method and figure I can modifiy this for links, contributors, etc, but I
don't get HOW to modify it.
I see for example:
<dtml-in "getCatalog().searchResults(meta_type='News Item',
sort_on='Date', sort_order='reverse')" size="10" start="batch_start"
previous>

So I change the 'News Item' to 'Link' but, then there are references to
to "class=" such as,
"getCatalog().getpath(data_record_id_)">">

Where do I find these values for different types of content like Links?

I am on the right track here in general?

Also, what's up with the MEMBERS link/page?  It says its not
"batching"?  Is this just and incomplete part of the PTK?

Thanks in adavance for any assistance.
--
Sean Kelley
www.kelleydesign.com  *  www.horse101.com  *  www.dressage.to