[Zope-PTK] new to Zope/PTK- questions on fetching data

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 07:57:51 +0100

Sean Kelley wrote:

> So I change the 'News Item' to 'Link' but, then there are references to
> to "class=" such as,
> "getCatalog().getpath(data_record_id_)">">

The "class=" stuff is to do with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). There
ought to be a stylesheet in the chrome directory of your portal.

Here's a definition of what a stylesheet it, and links to the
specifications:

  http://www.cat-box.net/helen/notes.html#stylesheets

> Where do I find these values for different types of content like Links?
>
> I am on the right track here in general?

Yeah, just about.

> Also, what's up with the MEMBERS link/page?  It says its not
> "batching"?  Is this just and incomplete part of the PTK?

Batching is a feature of a ZCatalog whereby you can display the results
of a query in a number of linked pages, rather than all on one long
page.

See the ZCatalog Tutorial for more information:

  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ZCatalogTutorial

You might want to experiment with a ZCatalog outside of PTK so as to
understand it better with well-understood code :-)

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer