[Zope-PTK] Membership 0.6.0 (and user object format)

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:40:00 -0500

At 04:27 PM 6/20/00 -0400, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

>Hmm... I just updated my Zope... I didn't have a Manager set up, but I was
>able to login as the superuser just fine (using LM's cookie auth). Are you
>still using ZPatterns 0.3, or have you moved to 0.4?

I wouldn't suggest doing that until Ty releases LoginManager 0.8.7, since
there are compatibility issues (i.e. LM 0.8.6 just plain won't work with
ZPatterns 0.4.0).  Also, 0.4 should be more stable at that point as Ty is
currently beating on various aspects of it (esp. wrt Zope 2.2
compatibility).  It is likely that LM 0.8.7 will require a current Zope
2.2, as maintaining 2.1.x compatibility for ZP and LM is getting quite
painful for both Ty and myself as we begin dealing with security model
differences to do the "setuid" execution required by Generics such as
GenericUserFolder, GenericTrigger, etc.