[Zope-PTK] Getting it all to work ;-)

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:41:30 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
To: "Kevin Dangoor" <kid@kendermedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope-PTK] Getting it all to work ;-)

> The question still remains, is this LoginManager any different from the
> one at:
> http://www.zope.org/Members/tsarna/LoginManager/
>
> I don't think it should be and I don't think it should be in the PTK
> CVS.
> What do other people think about this?

Shane patched the PTK LoginManager to fix a bug that prevented adding the LM
to objects other than the root. Once this patch makes it in to the official
LM distribution, I agree that LM shouldn't really be in the PTK CVS.
(Unless, of course, Ty wants to put it there and make that authoritative...)

I *do* think it would be nice to make a package so that people can download
and install Zope, then download and untar the PTK package and be all set.
That should be easy to do.

> Would this be the following?:
>
> Error Type: SystemError
> Error Value: Failed to import class _ZClass_for_MemberMixin from module
> Products.

Yep.

> > I have a fixed version here, but Shane said that he
> > worked on it as well... so, I didn't want to step in the way of what he
was
> > doing.
>
> The current CVS version was last touched by Mike P :/
> If you don't want to tread on Shane's toes, check it in on a branch, but
> definitely check it in...
>
> In fact, unless people comment otherwise, I'd just go ahead and check it
> in on the trunk, Shane can still check his in on a branch, or on the
> trunk later...
>
> If you really dont' want to check anything in, could you forward me a
> copy?

I never got my CVS access working :(

> I can't really comment on this since I dont' know what state the current
> stuff is in and whether or not it'd be worth doing a snapshot. What do
> other people think?

I should qualify this by stating that the "easy to install snapshot" would
still not be intended for use in a real environment (any more than
Membership is now). It's more because there is a lot of curiousity around
PTK, but getting PTK installed right now is a pain, even for people who have
CVS running.

I haven't cataloged Membership, and I wouldn't catalog this thing either...

Kevin