[Zope-PTK] Getting it all to work ;-)

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
28 Jun 2000 21:03:46 GMT

In article <002701bfe10b$5b173280$7e5addc7@laptop>,
Kevin Dangoor <kid@kendermedia.com> wrote:

> The DynPersist thing will go away, because it is not needed with Zope 2.2.

Well, for now it  is still needed for 2.2. Basically, it's needed until
the point where ZPatterns drops compatability with 2.1.* (which is
probably not far away, as supporting both is becoming really
difficult... like trying to straddle an ever widening earthquake fault
with lava below :^)

> > Restart Zope.. not fine...
> >
> > LoginManager is broken (and hence PTKBase) with the following traceback:
>
> The current version of LoginManager does not work with ZPatterns 0.4. You
> should be fine if you install ZPatterns 0.3.

I'm going to release a LM 0.8.7 tonight that provides at 0.4.0
compatability. HOWEVER, please note that all 0.4 releases so far are
*ALPHA*, so you should think twice before using them and beware of all
the cavebats documented in the 0.4.0 CHANGES file.