[Zope-PTK] Getting it all to work ;-)

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:25:44 -0500

I think this sounds like a good time to make the jump. Considering that
it's been stated that ZPatterns is considered alpha and that 2.2 will be
out soon. (Presumption) It is not likely that many who will be
needing/wanting ZPatterns, et al., will not be willing to go to 2.2 to
be able to use it.

It seems to me that most who will stay with 2.1.x aren't keeping there
app on the leading (bleeding?) edge of Zope.

Just my opinion. Take with a grain of salt, as all of my development is
in 2.2.x.

Jimmie Houchin

Ty Sarna wrote:

> In article <002701bfe10b$5b173280$7e5addc7@laptop>,
> Kevin Dangoor <kid@kendermedia.com> wrote:
> >
> > The DynPersist thing will go away, because it is not needed with Zope 2.2.
>
> Well, for now it  is still needed for 2.2. Basically, it's needed until
> the point where ZPatterns drops compatability with 2.1.* (which is
> probably not far away, as supporting both is becoming really
> difficult... like trying to straddle an ever widening earthquake fault
> with lava below :^)
[snip]