[Zope-PTK] Search engine woes solved, sorta

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:52:40 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Nolan Darilek wrote:

> I like the fact that the PTK Z Catalog only indexes specific items,
> since that reduces the likelihood for abuse. However, is it somehow
> possible to index content in specific "trusted" folders, without
> requiring publication/approval first?

    There's _always_ a way.  ;-)

    You seem to want content to be automatically published on
submission.  If it is suitable that submittion and publication remain
seperate steps, but without the requirement of reviewer intervention in
specific cases, it is easy to implement.  You have to extend your portal's
'before_review' hook.  In this hook, you can check to see if the content
exists in a 'review free' zone, and if so, promote the review request to a
publication.

    If it's not suitable that content starts out as 'private', it's a
simple matter to set an object's 'review_state' property in it's
constructor.  Set it to 'published' before the object is initially
cataloged, and you're in business.

    I can provide more detailed instruction if you need it.

    This all asumes that you are somehow subclassing PortalContent, which
is required.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228