[Zope-PTK] Simple Record Count

Joseph A. Archer archerja@jmu.edu
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 16:19:19 -0500

To all Zopist,

I have a simple two field table in MySQL, "whowhat", that pulls a user id
from one table, and a class code from another.  (It tells you "who" has
"what" classes)

I , being somewhat new to python & Zope, am having the darndest time trying
to do a simple external method to do a count of how many times the class
"so-and-so" is in the table. (That way, I know how many people have
signed-up, and how close I am to the class max.)  I have tried different
searches.  I have an SQL Method that does:

select * from whowhat

And I also have one that does:

select * from whatwhat where classcode = <dtml-sqlvar class_name type=nb>

I've been trying to create an External Method, but I just can't seem to get
it to work. (yes, in the Extentions directory)

I need to try to stay away from doing a "select count(classcode)..." in an
SQL Method if I can.

Any help to this tormented soul would be greatly appreciated.

virtually,

Joseph A. Archer
IT Coordinator
Facilities Management