[Zope-PTK] SQLMembers Based Portal Q

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:17:12 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:

> Any updates on this yet?
> I have yet to look into LoginManager much yet.

    As you probably noticed, you can now set up a DemoPortal which uses
the LoginManager.  The only useful reason to do so, IMO, are the
LoginMethods portion of LoginManager.  The rest (UserSources, property
sheets) are not complete enough to replace the training-wheels
implementation that the PTK installs.

    LoginMethods are very useful and cool.  If you haven't looked into
what they are yet, I can give you an overview.

> Were the changes made, if so what were they?

    A couple changes were made to the PTK in preparation for LoginManager.
The 'addMember' function was moved off of acl_users and onto the portal
object, and the means of working a Member's propertysheets changed.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228