[Zope-PTK] PTK defaults

George Runyan grunyan@emerging.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:25:48 -0600

I am trying to do something fairly simple w/ the PTK product (which is
really great!!)

I want members to be able to open their members directory w/ WEBDAV [is it
me?  or does ZOPE WEBDAV Server *not* let you READ from folders but I *can*
INSERT]  and add contents (images and DTML Documents).  The contents would
then be auto-indexed (preferably making the catalog sensitive to all DTML
Documents) when file is created.

Questions:
---------

* how can i make dtml documents automagically index when they are added via
WEBDAV? (is this possible? please give me general idea how to do this :)

* I then need to add a few properties to the dtml document (current_state,
reviewer, etc) - I would assume I would do this before I index it in the
previous step.

* can the SiteIndex be used to catalog anything outside News Item, Document,
Link?  I tried to manually get it to find 'DTML Document's and it wouldnt -
how did you do that?  does it only index a certain type?

* btw where are the base types for News Item, Document, Link?  in
DemoPortal.zexp? where? this is my lack of ZClasses understand showing.

* is there any documentation on PTK?  plans from d.c.?

* is PTK at 1.0?  if not what do you 'think' will change before 1.0 is
released? (I'm writing some very high level documentation at the moment w/ a
tutorial-- wee stages right now)

thanks,
george runyan		grunyan@emerging.com