[Zope-PTK] DemoPortal's PortalWizard and other wizards broken

Ricardo Marques ricmarques@yahoo.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:31:24 -0800 (PST)

Hallo all,

I am running Zope 2.1.2 in RedHat Linux 6.1
(CheapBytes 1 CD version).

I am having a problem with DemoPortal.

I have installed the PTK by following the instructions
at  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/install  and
imported the DemoPortal.zexp file as a product of
(Control Panel | Products | DemoPortal) and got the
sucess message.

I then restarted Zope by using Zope's web Control
Panel

Most things of the installation looked as if they
worked, that is, the DemoPortal and its branches
appear below Control Panel | Products and the branches
that are NOT Wizards look OK.
The Wizards however appear to be broken.

Therefore in  /Control_Panel / Products / DemoPortal /
Interfaces / generic / Wizards  if I click in Document
(Document), File (File), Image (Image), Link (Link)or
NewsItem (News Item), I get a list like this:

00 (This object from the unknown product is broken!)
01 (This object from the unknown product is broken!)
02 (This object from the unknown product is broken!)

The Z Class at /Control_Panel / Products / DemoPortal
/ Wizard gives me similar messages:

WizardPage (This object from the unknown product is
broken!)

WizardPage_add (This object from the unknown product
is broken!)

WizardPage_addForm (This object from the unknown
product is broken!)

WizardPage_factory (This object from the unknown
product is broken!)

index_html (This object from the unknown product is
broken!)

test (This object from the unknown product is broken!)

Yes, I have read the text of the README tab of PTKBase
and PTKDemo and I know that sometimes it is needed to
restart Zope in Zope's (web) Control Panel. But I have
restarted it at least 10 (ten!) times and it still
does NOT work.

My Zope version is 2.1.2  I have read that PTK
requires Zope 2.1.3. However, I don't know if this
difference could be enough to cause this problem and,
besides, I can't find a way to easily upgrade the Zope
version to 2.1.3 (yes, I have read the HowTo on
upgrading Zope, but it just does not sound to be easy
enough!
 ;-)

Zope is being run as ZServer, but is being called from
Apache using ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse
directives. I am hiding the port number by using the
SiteAccess product  -
http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess

Additional information:
- Server OS: RedHat Linux 6.1 (CheapBytes version)
- Web Server: Apache 1.3.9
- Zope version: 2.1.2
- Python version: 1.5.2-7

Could someone be kind enough to help me getting this
right? This Portal Toolkit sounds just like the thing
that I needed to implement in my College (I am the
WebMaster here   :)

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,