[Zope-PTK] getting latest PTK

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 03 May 2000 10:18:06 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:

> Timothy Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I followed the direction to D/L the latest PTK snapshot. I ended up with a
> > ZopePTK folder in lib/python/Products with subfolders inside ZopePTK called
> > LoginManager, PTKBase, PTKDemo, and CVS. I restarted Zope, but I don't see
> > any PTK objects in my "Add" list. Do the LoginManager, PTKBase, etc. folder
> > need to be in lib/python/Products or did I do something else wrong?
>
> Folders LoginManager, PTKBase and so forth need to be directly under
> lib/python/Products.

And then, in order to have items in the "Add" list, you need to import the
ZClass product, DemoPortal, which "reifies" the PTKBase/PTKDemo base classes.

The README tells how in detail -- briefly, move/link the DemoPortal.zexp file
from $ZOPE_HOME/lib/python/Products/PTKDemo to $ZOPE_HOME/import, then import it
into Control_Panel/Products.  Restart Zope once for luck (and to make the Wizard
work).

Tres Seaver  tseaver@digicool.com   tseaver@palladion.com