[Zope-PTK] user property sheet status

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 09 May 2000 21:56:08 +0100

Timothy Wilson wrote:

> This approach makes sense to me. I'd love to have people be able to provide
> a picture of themselves, curriculum vitae, etc., on a consistently formatted
> page. Couldn't this "bio" information be stored in a property sheet that
> could be attached to each user?

You could make a new type of PortalContent that is a "BiogDocument".
Allow PTK users to create a BiogDocument in their "my stuff" user
directory. The BiogDocument constructor puts the document in at a
standardised ID (for example, "biogpage_html").

The BiogDocument holds all the data you suggested for the property
sheet, with defaults coming from the user's own propertysheet (if any).

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer