[Zope-PTK] Building ZPatterns

Alexander Limi alexander@limi.net
Thu, 18 May 2000 00:49:11 +0200

> From: Phil Harris [mailto:phil.harris@zope.co.uk]

> Alexander,
>
> Attached dynpersist.pyd, the compiled doohickey for ZPatterns 3.0.

This is why I love the Zope community - quick, no-fuss answers :)

Now for my next questions:

- I'm able to add a loginmanager - now where do I add users?

- And can I make the LoginManager replace the ordinary acl_users? Without
destroying everything? :)

To elaborate on what I'm planning to do, here's a short description:

- Properties of a user is stored with the user (how?)

- I'm going to make personalized content at http://my.domain.tld - when they
enter that URL, they are presented with a login-page, unless they already
have logged in earlier and got their cookies set. Then they will go straight
to their own personalized page.

- They should be able to browse the normal site at http://domain.tld, and
add their favourite artists to their profile, stored with the user. When
they are on an artist's page and click "Add to my favourites", Zope will
check if there is a cookie with the users ID, or check for an authenticated
user (suggestions on how to best accomplish this are welcome) and add the
artist's ID to the list stored in the user's propertysheeet.

Comments appreciated.

> hth

Yeah, a minor side note here - I've always wondered what HTH stands for. Can
you enlighten me? :)

Again, thanks for the swift response :)

Regards,

Alexander.