[Zope-PTK] "score" or "sortOrder" for PortalContent?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 19 May 2000 19:50:03 +0100

Chip Vanek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do think that this should be a standard part of PortalContents.
> To allow reasonable flexability there should be two elements.  One
> called "score or sortOrder" to represent derived importance based on
> pageviews and date.  Another element called "rating" to hold explicit
> user input on importance.  List views could be generated from one of
> these "importance scores" or a weighted average.

Will these scores be changing often?

Maybe it would be best to better integrate RSPP (RIPP, whatever!) into
PTK better, so that we have the option of storing "score" data in a
different propertysheet to the dublin-core sort of portal data.

Imagine having scores for stuff derived from how links are traversed
during sessions (see www.everything2.org, neural net theory).

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer