[Zope-PTK] PTK, LoginManager and user maintenance

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 12:32:00 -0500

At 11:44 AM 5/24/00 -0400, Dan L. Pierson wrote:

>Ah so, PTK should do something like the following?
>
>            manage_addLoginManager(self,
>                                   'Persistent User Source',
>                                   ['Basic Cookie Login', 'Basic Auth
Login'],
>                                   0, 0, 0)
>            # self.acl_users was magically created by the above call
>            self._getPUS().manage_setStorage('DemoPortal/LoginMember')
>            self.acl_users.manage_addDocument('addUser', '',
'dtml/addUser.dtml)

Yes.  That's what Ty and I proposed to Mike; I think he just never got
around to implementing it.

The whole _getPUS thing probably doesn't belong there, though, unless
there's some other reason the Portal object needs to know about the
specific UserSource.  And even if it does, the portal should just add
methods to the LoginManager to do whatever it needs involving members.
Then the portal developer can edit those methods without subclassing the
portal!