[Zope-PTK] management Problems

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:17:31 +0000

Monty Taylor wrote:

> So then I went for the simple approach of making a Portal Aware ZTopic and
> adding it in the appropriate context. I had other problems with this one, but
> canned it because I realized I was trying to create a meta-management
> interface so that portal managers wouldn't have to see the management
> interface.

Yeah, but this is just a reality of Zope. The management interface is
far too confusing for 'users' to use...

Maybe one day this will change, but for now, a meta-management interface
is your only hope.

> I would imaging you to be working on something similar for Swishdot. Any
> luck? (Or have I missed something in my chucked attempts I should re-look
> at? )

Yahoo-like categorization is very low on my list of priorities. Swishdot
is still going to be more abotu weblog-style discussions...

cheers,

Chris