[Zope-PTK] Re: ptk

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 04:41:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, kwat wrote:

> I can not untar your tarball.   I keep getting the error "reading header
> after  processing 0 entries".
>
> Please help, I would like to check this software out.   I had no
> problems untaring PTK 0.7.1, but 0.8.1 and 0.8.2  are giving me
> problems.

I'm sorry you have had trouble with it.  My guess is that your
browser may be munging the file as it downloads;  I just fetched
it, via:

 lynx http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/ZopePTK-0.8.2-complete.tar.gz

The tarball unpacks without a hitch there ('tar xzf' produces
the directory tree I expected).

Try "shift-clicking" the link, and renaming it to "*.tgz" -- I recall
that Netscape, at least, has had trouble in the past with the
"*.tar.gz" extension.