[Zope-PTK] Integrating a content Zclass with PTK

Kamon Ayeva kamonayeva@yahoo.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 02:42:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I tried these days to integrate a content ZClass from
ZDP-Tools within DemoPortal and found that it is
feasable but is ugly due to the fact that ZDP-Tools
has its own architecture.
I am thinking about the best implementation choices
for scalability and future compatibility.
Apparently a solution is to modify the ZClass to use
the services provided by PortalContent.
I don't yet have all the puzzle for doing that. Has
someone already done this kind of integration, who can
give me some light ?

Also, shouldn't PTK provide a Content Registration
Tool to allow external ZClasses to register themselves
and automagically become a PTK managed content.
If I just don't get it, please be patient with me.

Regards,
Kamon