[Zope-PTK] News Item publish question

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:37:51 -0400

Marc DANAI wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> If the state of one News Item is *published*
> normally every body can see it on main page
> even anonymous user. But for me it is not a
> case? The News Item is in published mode but
> only manager can see it on main portal site not
> even owner of News?
>
> How can I render News Item public to every body
> even guest user?
>
> I am using PTK-0.9.0

You are correct that "published" NewsItems (and other content)
should show up in the results of catalog searches (which is
what underlies the "news" box on the default interface homepage).
The new DublinCore metadata is interfering with the catalog's
attempt to enforce the item's "effective date".  I will be
posting a patch for this today.

You can track the status of this issue in the Tracker:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/115