[Zope-PTK] Content Management Articles

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:50:21 -0400 (EDT)

   Hi PTK Fans,

   Since there's no formal Zope Content Management list (yet) I'm posting here.
   Check out these recent articles CMS topics, such as ongoing Web Maintenance,
   and Work Flow. Many of the points could be checklist items for a Zope based
   "CMS in a Box" solution, a.k.a. "Consulting Ware".

   http://www.sunworld.com/sunworldonline/swol-08-2000/swol-0811-webmaster-af.h
   tml

    http://dcb.sun.com/practices/howtos/selecting_cms.jsp

I really have a biased reaction about workflow focused on CMS of
webpages like in these articles. I think workflow should be more
general -- as general as work is. Zope would make its mark if it
offered or integrated with a WMF -- Workflow Management System (such
as Staffware's) that then can be applied to workflow of content for
CMS.

Just my persepctive,
Albert Boulanger
aboulanger@vpatch.com