[Zope-PTK] Announcing ZPatterns 0.4.3b1 and LoginManager 0.8.8b1

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:21:38 -0700

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> Please note that Ty and I have not yet gotten around to back-porting the
> contributed support for Zope's built-in local roles interface.  We are
> thinking instead about adding a hotfix to LM to fix what we consider to be
> a broken interface in Zope, actually.

From the LoginManager changes.txt page;
http://www.zope.org/Members/tsarna/LoginManager/Help/CHANGES.txt

  * Implemented the "rootUsers" patch internally to
    LoginManager if it's not patched in the Zope itself.

  * Implemented the local roles improvement patch
    into LoginManager - supplied users (rootUsers
    or LoginUsers).

So which is it? Is the local roles fix in, or not?

I'd also be very interested in hearingzopee about this
broken interface in Zope.

Michael Bernstein