[Zope-PTK] Cataloging MemberClass information

Robert Joseph Roos roos@stanford.edu
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:56:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, y'all!

I'm still kind of a newbie to zope (been tinkering for 2 months)
and zope-ptk (2 weeks.)

When I installed ZopePTK almost the first thing I did was modify

/Control_Panel / Products / DemoPortal / Portal / propertysheets / methods
/ ZODBMemberFolder / propertysheets / methods / MemberClass

to add a bunch of property sheets containing all of a member's interesting
data.  I realize this is probably considered a hack, but there didn't seem
to be any better way easily available.

Now I would like to use Zcatalog to index this data (either a new ZCatalog
or the one that is available within ZopePTK.)  Is there any way to get the
catalog to index a member's information?  I was thinking of giving each
member a dtml method that uses portalMembership.getMemberById() in
combination with the member's folder name, and then renders the pertainant
information.  But this, too, seems like a hack, and so far it dosn't work
either (this may have something to do with my imperfect understanding of
the portal's permission system.)

Does anybody have any ideas on how to go about this process?

=====Roos=