[Zope-PTK] PTK and SiteIndex Full Search

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 07:57:50 -0500

"Nestor A. Diaz L." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to PTK and i have experienced the following problems:
> (i use ZopePTK-0.8.2-complete.tar.gz):
>
> when i want to display a member page:
>
> (http://127.0.0.1:9673/EngendroPTK/Members/test)
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>
>   File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in
> publish_module
>   File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in
> publish
>   File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
> zpublisher_exception_hook
>     (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
>   File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 173, in
> publish
>   File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 308, in
> setBody
>   File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 523, in
> notFoundError
>
> NotFound: (see above)
>
> However http://www:9673/EngendroPTK/Members/test/index_html/index_html
> looks fine.

I'm not running a 0.8.2 portal any longer;  the latest released version
is 0.9.0, with a new one due out Real Soon Now (TM).  I don't see this
problem on 0.9.0.

If you can recreate the problem on this version, please submit it
(include
the whole HTML source page as an attachment) to the PTK Tracker:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker.

> And when i want to reconfigure SiteIndex to include DTML Documents it
> doesn't work, if i remove some indexes it scan well, but i want to
> scan the Members folder and the site DTML Documents and Folders.

"Normal" portal content won't be DTML documents -- instead, it will be
"Documents" (in a DemoPortal, or other portal derived from PTKDemo).
Some of the metadata which the portal uses for its searches won't be
present in a "stock" DTML Document.  The "Document" wizard produces
"portalish" documents;  I would recommend using them (or some other
derivative which implements the PortalContent interface).

I just changed the DemoPortal, for instance, to suppress the display
of non-content items (DTML Methods, etc.) in the "folder_contents"
view -- only content objects and folders are shown, which makes
navigating the portal much cleaner.