[Zope-PTK] Discussion Problems with PTK

Andy Dawkins andyd@nipltd.com
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:26:15 +0100

I am currently trying to evaluate the PTK discussable objects so that I can
draw up a plan of action for developing Swishdot.

Unfortunately I can't evaluate discussable because I am having problems with
the discussion_thread_view and the tree tag.

I posted this yesterday to zope-ptk@zope.org but have had no response.

>Has anyone seen this error before?
>
>I got it when attempting to 'View Thread' of a document in a members
folder.
>I was logged on as the member at the time.
>The Document was 'index_html' created by the member
>there was one reply in the 'Correspondence' folder also created by the
>member.
>
>(Spec: server=WinNt4(sp5), client=Win98+WinNt4(sp5), Zope 2.2, Latest CVS
>PTK)
>
>Traceback (innermost last):
> File Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 222, in publish_module
> File Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in publish
> File Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in publish
> File Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
>  (Object: discussion_thread_view)
> File Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112, in call_object
>  (Object: discussion_thread_view)
> File Zope\lib\python\OFS\DTMLMethod.py, line 167, in __call__
>  (Object: discussion_thread_view)
> File Zope\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py, line 502, in __call__
>  (Object: discussion_thread_view)
> File Zope\lib\python\TreeDisplay\TreeTag.py, line 155, in render
>  (Object: a tree tag)
> File Zope\lib\python\TreeDisplay\TreeTag.py, line 261, in tpRender
>  (Object: index_html)
> File Zope\lib\python\TreeDisplay\TreeTag.py, line 337, in tpRenderTABLE
>  (Object: index_html)
>Unauthorized: [0]

Is it just me or can nobody view the discussion thread for a item.
Are there any patches or specific versions of software I should be using.
I have upgraded my server to Zope 2.2.1 since the previous post but have not
ironed out this error.
I have my suspicions that it may have something to do with the treetag or
the getReplies method of disscussions.py

Would the latest CVS version of Zope help?

Cheers
-Andy Dawkins
(New Information Paradigms Ltd)