[Zope-PTK] catalog.getobject the culprit?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:59:27 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Howard Zhang wrote:
> >   hi, i'm howard . I found a problem in PTK.
> >   when I click  link 'view thread '  of a document,It's report i have no
> > authority to access ,but i have Manager role.
> >   It seems like wrong in Discussable.getReplies() .It's call
> > catalog.getobject to get object,but object come from catalog.getobject
> > is different from original.
> >   It's more like catalog's bug.I changed code so it's work in our site.I
> > hope  you can fix it in next release.
>
> Would you provide the modified source code?  I didn't understand your
> message very well.

Shane,

Did you ever get any code back for this?
Andy and myself are bashing heads painfully against exactly this right
now and could really use some help :-S

cheers,

Chris

PS: We'd love to hear from anyone who actually has 'view thread' working
for them, just so we knwo we're not going insane :-S