[Zope-PTK] How to add topics

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 00:07:29 -0400

Gottfried Ryser wrote:

> I feel a bit stupid, after installting the PTK (I'm a newbie) I checked
> around and tried to ad a document and news. I can add this items, can review
> them and set a status, but can't see them finally on my portal.

First, you aren't being stupid;  getting this far is a major achievement,
given the current state of the package and docs.  As a quick check, try
typing a word you *know* is present in one of the documents or news items
in the "search" box at the top of the portal;  does your item appear in
the search result?  If so, then congratulations!  Your content is "there"
in the portal, you just need to "expose" it by editing the portal chrome,
to make it more obvious.

If the search doesn't return the expected result, then check the current
"review status" of the document/news item (the "Status" under the icon and
id).  Does it say, "Published"?  If it does, then check the content again
for your search term.  If it says "pending" or "private", then you need to
use the "Set status" action (perhaps as a different member, one with the
"Reviewer" role) to make it "published".

> What did I
> wrong? And is there a bit more documentation on PTK? I hope to contribute
> later with some stuff, I had worked with ColdFusion and have build several
> smaller cms solutions.

Most of the current documentation is available from the PTK home page:

  http://www.zope.org/PTK

In particular, the "PTK Users' Guide",
http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/PTK.html, while slightly older, is
the best "conceptual" overview;  the "wiki",
http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/ZWiki is where the "work-in-progress"
is documented.

Thanks for persevering!  We look forward to your contributions!

Tres Seaver                          tseaver@digicool.com
Digital Creations   "Zope Dealers"   http://www.zope.org