[Zope-PTK] password policy change interface

Dan L. Pierson dan@sol.control.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:18:36 -0400 (EDT)

Bill Anderson writes:
 > IMO, things dealing with authentication should _not_ be defined by the
 > PTK. That is the realm of user management, which the PTK is not (AIUI)
 > aimed at doing. It has the current default setup now mainly out of
 > (AIUI) a need to have _something_ to do it.

I agree.

 > get_User
 > Used when you need the user object (useful or not?), and returns the
 > object itsself. (What about SQL-Authed Users?)

get_User may not be needed.  What is needed is something like
get_PTK_user_property_page(ick!).  Yeah, I'm drawing from ZPatterns
here, but this is a place where the concept of different property sets
for different users of a common service makes a lot of sense.