[Zope-PTK] Dynamic meta-type based templating ? (was : What is the PTK?)

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 22:26:05 +0200

This reminds me a lot of what I am trying to do with my ZECF product .
Currently mostly in the making, tho there is a preprerelease at my personal
pages http://www.zope.org/Members/Hoekstra/ZECF  and some documentation in
dubious formatting  at http://www.zope.org/Members/Hoekstra/ZECF/info and
http://www.zope.org/Members/Hoekstra/ZECF/UsingZECF

All this reflects much of the discussion about roles at
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/zope-edu/RolesUseCases

As I read Kamon's mail, it's approach is a bit different while the problem
is the same: sites with subsites, with even more subsites. Not only layout
definition is dynamic, but so is the definition of properties in sites.
Nested is basically confined to three levels:

- Manager (in this case the manager of Educational sites)
- Layout manager (for want of a better word)
- Course manager

Course managers may, in good Zope fashion hand down responsabilities further
down the chain (for example to students)

Rik

P.S. there is a much improved version at my home development machine, but I
can't seem to find time to finish it. I've stopped announcing new versions
(sigh), though they're in the pipeline. The new version has something of a
standard layout that uses the standard_html_header and adds some stuff to
it. Furthermore, there is a set of layout items to override if you want to
change it (basically a header, a footer and a stylesheet).

Note also that a previous version was implemented in a live situation at a
Dutch University (where I don't work anymore) and has been in use for a year
now.