[Zope-PTK] Integrating Membership with SMBUserFolder (was: [Zope-PTK] Integrating zope portal toolkit and ntuserfolder) zope portal toolkit and ntuserfolder)

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:07:11 -0500

> Can someone tell me how do i go about integrating the zope portal
> toolkit with the login manager??

I have been working on something similar: Getting LoginManager and
Membership to work with SMB authentication off of an NT PDC (Zope is
running on a Solaris box).

Basically I've been hacking on Bill Anderson's PortalMembership to
integrate the SMB functionality.

I have the following policies and functionality working:

- users must be authenticated by the PDC to join.
- users may only join if they are not already a member.
- email addresses are derived from the username, and stored in the
  profile.
- users can login and be authenticated from the PDC.
- users may change their profile (including the email address)
- passwords ARE NOT stored in the profile (it's set to blank)

Functionality removed:

- all password reminders, validators, and generators

Missing functionality:

- member removal
- members need to be listed in the local roles list, so I can move
  the LM to the root

Note: Because membership is not reintegrated with the PTK as of yet,
joining does not create a member folder.

I would appreciate any assistance anyone can offer to improve the user
management of LoginManager and Membership so that a manager can remove a
member from the User Source, and the members stored in
PersistentUserSource are listed in the 'local roles' screens.

Michael Bernstein.