[Zope-PTK] Member Roster for Membership

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:15:22 -0700

Bill Anderson wrote:

> Michael Bernstein wrote:
> >
> > I swiped some code out of the ManageMembers method in Membership, and
> > I'm trying to implement a functional member roster as the index_html of
> > a 'members' folder.
> >
> > the code fragment in question is this:
> >
> > <dtml-in getMembers sort=id >
> >  <dtml-if "getUserName">
> > (&dtml-getUserName;) </a>
> >  <dtml-else>
> >  <dtml-var getFullName> (&dtml-getUserName;)
> >  </dtml-if>
> > </dtml-in>
> >
> > I want the <dtml-if> to test for the existence of a folder (contained
> > within /members) that has an identical id as the member. That way this
> > will display a link only if they have a folder.
>
> how about (UNTESTED!!!):
>
> <dtml-if "getUserName() and Members.hasattr(getUserName())">

Here is the syntax that works:

<dtml-if "_.hasattr(PARENTS[-1].members, getUserName())">

Bill's suggestion put me on the right track, and a search
through the archives revealed the following posting from
Chris McDonough:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-April/024628.html

Which gave me the last piece of the puzzle. Just goes to
show you that all Zope Zen is contained within the archives
;-)

This should be useful for anyone who wants to implement a
portal where only *some* members have a home folder. The
current all-or-nothing approach of both the PTK and
membership seems limiting.

Michael Bernstein.