[Zope-CMF] using the subject property

Ben Riga briga@borland.com
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 12:00:02 -0700

>Hmm, this works for me on a customized search form:

>  <th>Subject</th>
>   <select name="Subject:list" multiple size="4">
>    <dtml-in expr="portal_catalog.uniqueValuesFor( 'Subject' )">
>     <option value="&dtml-sequence-item;"> &dtml-sequence-item; </option>
>    </dtml-in>
>   </select>

Cool.  Thanks.  The 'dtml-sequence-item' is what I was looking for.  Looking
now at the documentation, I'm embarassed that I missed that.  The next step
is to fire a topic/query that lists items in a 'subject'.  I'll play with
that over the next couple of days.

This stuff is cool but needs more documentation, a really comprehensive
tutorial and/or a demo portal to steal/learn code from.  I realize that this
is in the works.  With solid documentation and a bit more marketing this
stuff would be unstoppable.  Kind of like the effect Linux has had on
Windows. Only you'd be stepping on Interwoven, Vignette and maybe
Broadvision.

This list is a huge help.

Thanks again,
Ben