[Zope-CMF] using the subject property

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 19:11:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Ben Riga wrote:

> >Hmm, this works for me on a customized search form:

> >  <th>Subject</th>
> >   <select name="Subject:list" multiple size="4">
> >    <dtml-in expr="portal_catalog.uniqueValuesFor( 'Subject' )">
> >     <option value="&dtml-sequence-item;"> &dtml-sequence-item; </option>
> >    </dtml-in>
> >   </select>
>
> Cool.  Thanks.  The 'dtml-sequence-item' is what I was looking
> for.  Looking now at the documentation, I'm embarassed that I
> missed that.  The next step is to fire a topic/query that lists
> items in a 'subject'.  I'll play with that over the next couple
> of days.

That should be straightforward:  add a "String Criterion" for
"Subject" on the "Criteria" page of the topic.

> This stuff is cool but needs more documentation, a really
> comprehensive tutorial and/or a demo portal to steal/learn code
> from.  I realize that this is in the works.  With solid
> documentation and a bit more marketing this stuff would be
> unstoppable.  Kind of like the effect Linux has had on Windows.
> Only you'd be stepping on Interwoven, Vignette and maybe
> Broadvision.

Agreed.  However, putting full-bore "productizing" resources
into that effort is a non-trivial problem for a consulting /
services company;  we are too busy using it for our clients,
plus evolving it, to go there just yet.

> This list is a huge help.
>
> Thanks again,

You are most welcome.  As a long-time "Borland Barbarian" (I
was the founding president of the Houston Association of Delphi
Professionals, and still have the manual for Turbo Pascal 1.0
for CP/M), I'm delighted to be of service.