[Zope-CMF] Different skins in portal subfolders

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 14:23:23 -0400

On 4/2/01 2:04 PM, "barknech@ph-cip.uni-koeln.de"
<barknech@ph-cip.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

> How can I let a subfolder in a CMF site use a different skin than the
> rest of the portal?
>
> Say, I had a Zoo site where animals from around the world can discuss their
> favorite food. In this, I want subfolders for discussions of Italian,
> Indian or African food only. Those should be skinned in a style using the
> national colors (e.g red-green-white for all items in the section "italian
> food discussions")
>
> I don't see the CMF'ish way to do this. I can make skin directories
> "italian", "indian" "african" in the portal_skins, customize here, but how
> do I activate the matching skin in a subfolder?
>
> Clueless,

You can programmatically set the 'portal_skin' REQUEST variable (or however
you choose to name it on the 'portal_skins' Properties tab).  You might try
setting this as a folder property (through the ZMI) in the specified folder.

ie: set 'portal_skin' property in folder "African" to the string value
'african'.

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@Digicool.com
http://www.digicool.com/ | http://www.zope.org