[Zope-CMF] using the subject property

Sigve Tjora sigve@tjora.no
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:44:05 +0200 (CEST)

> So have you tried integrating Delphi and Zope?  I've wondered if
> there is any way for Delphi developers to take advantage of the
> Zope/CMF infrastructure.

There is a Python for Delphi package that you can get from
http://www.multimania.com/marat/

I have used this package to separate gui from logic in an Delphi
application. Gui in Delphi and logic in python. It should be quite easy
doing this with Zope too. Just make a reference to your "root" object on
the server with the PytonAtom, and then you can call python/Zope methods
and properties directly from Delphi. You might want to add a RPC layer so
you don't have to run Zope and your app on the same machine.

To get all objects from a folder, you can write

var: objects;
objects=ZopeRoot.myFolder.Items();

in Delphi.

The Python for Delphi package have I used sucessfully since late 2000.

Hope this helps!

mvh Sigve