[Zope-CMF] Skinning (translating) the actionbox

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:49:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Paul Everitt wrote:

> I think that having Python Scripts in skins as the "presentation logic"
> is a good idea, and that this is a good candidate for a Python Script.

FSPythonScript is already done and checked in.  (Just add a .py file to
the filesystem and voila!)

> That is, a Python Script that returns a sequence of sequences:
>
> ActionsItems.py
> ----------------
>
> def list_action_items():
>   return [
>     ('Action One Label', '/action/one/url'),
>     ('Action Two Label', '/action/two/url'),
>     ]
>
> It's hard to construct something more convenient than Python for
> representing this.

That's an interesting idea but I don't think it is appropriate for
the standard ActionsTool.  ActionsTool is too complex and speed critical
to be implemented as a Python Script IMO.

Shane