[Zope-CMF] Skinning (translating) the actionbox

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:02:34 +0100

* Shane Hathaway <shane@digicool.com> [010403 16:01]:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Paul Everitt wrote:
>

> > I think that having Python Scripts in skins as the "presentation logic"
> > is a good idea, and that this is a good candidate for a Python Script.
> > That is, a Python Script that returns a sequence of sequences:
> >
> > ActionsItems.py
>
> Hmm... I just took another look at ActionsTool and decided that maybe
> you're on to something after all.  I should not be so quick to dismiss
> ideas.  ActionsTool would not go away but would use a script to generate
> actions.  Community, what would you prefer: editing a short script or
> filling in properties?  The script idea is more flexible but requires more
> knowledge by the portal manager.
>
> Shane

...my 2 euros worth:

The problem with putting actions in a skin is that they're *not*
presentation logic, but data.  Moving data outside the tool
implementations would be inconsistent.  global_actions should
be a property of an ActionsTool, I think, which could be
edited TTW just like TypesTools.

seb