[Zope-CMF] Disable ActionBox for guest?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 22:22:23 -0400

Jason Wehmhoener wrote:

> I want to force all members to login by typing in the login_form
> url, and I don't want an ActionBox to show for anonymous/guest
> users.  What do I need to modify?

In your portal, navigate to 'portal_skins.generic.actions_box'. Note
that the first line is:

 <dtml-let isAnon="portal_membership.isAnonymousUser()"

which makes the variable 'isAnon' available throughout the scope of
the '<dtml-let>' tag.

Now, click the "Customize" button, which creates a DTMLMethod in your
'custom' skin folder.  Immediately after the '<dtml-let...>', add:

  <dtml-unless isAnon>

and then, just before '</dtml-let>' at the bottom:

  </dtml-unless>

The whole actions box will just disappear for anonymous users at
that point.

P.S.  Do you *really* mean that you want to make them *type* in
      the URL box to log in?