[Zope-CMF] CMF product development problems

Tim Hicks Tim Hicks" <tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:03:23 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tres Seaver" <tseaver@novacoxmail.com>
To: "Tim Hicks" <tim@sitefusion.co.uk>
Cc: <gogo@bluedynamics.com>; <zope-cmf@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 4:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] CMF product development problems

> Tim Hicks wrote:
> >
> > Gogo,
> >
> > I'm getting this as well, did you find out what was happening?
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > tim

<snip>

/usr/local/wing/Zope-2.3.0-Wing-linux2-x86/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/Types
> > Tool.py, line 473, in constructInstance
> >     (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
> > AttributeError: (see above)
> >
> > --------schnapp--------
> >
> > I have no clue how the error can be fixed and need help. Maybe some file
> > just needs to be at another spot in the object database, but the
tutorial
> > doesn't tell anything about that. I also wonder if there is some more
> > up-to-date tutorial online...
>
> This error says that the FactoryTypeInformation object was able
> to find an object corresponding to the "Factory method" inside
> its product, but that the object is not callable (the error at
> line 473 is from the FTI trying to use Python's 'apply' builtin
> on the object returned by '_getFactoryMethod').

Thanks for the reply Tres.  While I *think* I understand what you have said,
I don't have any idea how to fix this.  Effectively, the traceback is saying
that there is something wrong with my factory right?  But it was simply
added when the zclass was created, so what could be wrong?  Sorry if I'm
being a bit dense, but if you could provide any more pointers/urls, I'd
really appreciate it.

thanks

tim