[Zope-CMF] CMF product development problems

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:07:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Tim Hicks wrote:

> > This error says that the FactoryTypeInformation object was able
> > to find an object corresponding to the "Factory method" inside
> > its product, but that the object is not callable (the error at
> > line 473 is from the FTI trying to use Python's 'apply' builtin
> > on the object returned by '_getFactoryMethod').
>
> Thanks for the reply Tres.  While I *think* I understand what
> you have said, I don't have any idea how to fix this.
> Effectively, the traceback is saying that there is something
> wrong with my factory right?  But it was simply added when the
> zclass was created, so what could be wrong?  Sorry if I'm being
> a bit dense, but if you could provide any more pointers/urls,
> I'd really appreciate it.

The problem lies either in the way you have configured the type
object (in 'portal_types'), or in some incompatibility between
FactoryTypeInformation and ZClasses.  We will investigate the
possibility that it is the second, if you will check the first
and post a tracker issue if you still see no problem in your
setup.