[Zope-CMF] A very long permissions list ;-)

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:10:32 +0530 (IST)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Dieter Maurer wrote:

->Chris Withers writes:
-> > At what point does Zope's permissions list stop scaling?
-> >
-> > I can think of situation where there could be, say, 50 content types and 5
-> > actions. That's 250 permissions! Is Zope okay with that?
->I do not think so.
->
->  The permission page is very unwieldy and need to get a
->  better design.

This is very valid point.  Some grouping of permissions, and also
grouping actions is necessary.  For doing this kind of administrative
work, I cannot use emacs or command line commands, to achieve things
faster.  It is very boring to click so many :-(.
So an action that removes or adds permission of a given category
(manager, owner etc.) will be useful at least to begin with.

Nagarjuna