[Zope-CMF] Newbie Questions

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 00:29:02 +0200 (CEST)

Rolander, Dan writes:

 > ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0C282.F6117490
One of the first things, newbies should learn, is not to post
MIME messages ;-)

 > o  The ability for users to create custom areas of the site and maintain
 > their own content is cool, but how do other uses discover that content? Is
 > posting a news item the best and/or only way? How should topics be used on a
 > site basis? How do users know what keywords have been entered as metadata to
 > give them a clue as to what to search for?
They search for it or browse the members folder...

 > o  If a user (for whatever reason) leaves the community, what becomes of
 > their content? Can it be transferred to another user?
I would expect that it can be copied, provided there are not id conflicts.

 > o  When a user creates content, can they assign edit rights to other users?
I think, this is currently not supported.
But the CMF is an open (and open source) framework. You can enhance
it to fit your needs.

 > o  How can a user create content that will be accessible from a common area
 > of the web site? Does the site manager need to put it there and create a
 > link to it?
He "publishes" it. In the default CMF, this lets the content enter
the review workflow. If the content is accepted, it will be
searchable and viewable by the public.

Dieter