[Zope-CMF] Re: [PTK(236)[2] note] Re: Search form bug: IOError

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 07:28:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Matthijs van Kempen wrote:

> Hi Tres,

> >> I *think* I have found a similar error report;  can you please
> >> send the Python traceback for the IOError (embedded in an HTML
> >> comment, if you aren't running Zope in debug mode)?
>
> Running Zope in debug mode, I got this traceback:
>
> <!--
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 223, in publish_module
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in publish
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
>     (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 136, in publish
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPRequest.py, line 483, in processInputs
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Converters.py, line 178, in field2date
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\DateTime\DateTime.py, line 707, in __init__
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\DateTime\DateTime.py, line 1076, in _parse
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\DateTime\DateTime.py, line 897, in _calcTimezoneName
>   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\DateTime\DateTime.py, line 471, in safelocaltime
> IOError: (see above)
>
> -->
>
> You might be right after all, there seems to be a permission
> problem in there. Lots of luck finding this one.

Actually, that traceback nails it:  the Win32 C library can't
cope with the negative integer which the date, '1970/01/01',
maps to in your timezone (I'm presuming from your e-mail address
that you are running Zope on a box with "GMT+1").

I'll ask Chris and Andreas to double check me on this.  If so,
then your workaround (use a different value for "modified since
ever") is the only appropriate fix;  the DateTime module could
add checks for the problem, and raise a less puzzling exception,
but that value is still not going to work in any timezone east
of GMT.

> BTW: Can you send met the tracker number for the related bug.
> I'd like to look at it too.

It was a mailing list posting from February this year (I think;
I can't find it this morning, of course!)