[Zope-CMF] Real newbie question

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:43:24 +0100

The documentation is a little sparse still.  You'll have to expect to
dive in at the python level, learn  more about Zope
internals, etc.  Remember that the CMF portal supplied with the CMF is
just a demonstration and you'll likely have to customize it
significantly to fit your requirements.  To do this, you'll probably
have to write some Products, subclass Tools from the CMFDefault, etc.

I suggest getting your head round how the default workflow works first
- create an account, create some content, then submit it for review.
Then login again as a Manager and approve the content.  The presentation
logic for the CMFDefault can be found in the skins directory.  Look
there for examples of how to display various types of content
according to your needs.  You'll see how the catalog is used
extensively to return objects based on their visibility, which is in
turn controlled by a workflow.

Once you've seen how the presentation logic can be controlled, have a
go at creating a new content type by following the PortalPoll product
discussed in this list recently.

Good luck...

seb

* Gitte Wange <gitte@mmmanager.org> [010417 16:57]: