[Zope-CMF] Re: Portal Poll Product (also Re: [PTK(252)[2])

Dave Woolston davew@digicool.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:23:09 -0400

[marc lindahl wrote]:
> OK, I got the portal poll to show up.  Next, I log in as a different
member
> of the portal, and go to it.  When I voted, I got this error:
>
> Error type: Unauthorized
> Error value: User test is not allowed to access
> /junk/bowery/Members/marc/testpoll/propertysheets, which is contained in
> /junk/bowery/Members/marc/testpoll. The user, whose roles are ('Member',),
> would need to have one of the following roles:
> ('Owner', 'Manager', 'Reviewer').
>
> Innermost method: /junk/bowery/Members/marc/testpoll/processEmbeddedVotes
>

> And, fixed it by, in
> /PortalPollClass/propertysheets/methods/processEmbeddedVotes, changed the
> proxy roles so that Manager was selected.  That fixed it.
>
> Now, maybe someone that knows what they're doing can tell me why :)

Marc,

  Thanks for pointing this out.  The reason why you see this is because the
vote tallys are stored as
properties on the poll instance.  So when you vote as user 'test', you are
actually
updating properties on an object that belongs to someone else (even though
that
object is published).
  The main goal of the tutorial is to guide a user into making
*their* content *portal content*, and not to necessarily introduce a new
poll type
of content.  This shows that we probably didn't have a perfect example.
Normally, users will not be updating properties on other user's content.
What
may be more likely is that they would be discussing or commenting on someone
else's content - in either case, not directly modifying the content.
However, I will update the tutorial to indicate this.

Thanks again for bringing this up.

Dave

Note:  Gitte, I have copied you because I think this will solve your problem
as  well.

Dave Woolston   davew@digicool.com
Digital Creations  www.digicool.com
(716) 262-4715