[Zope-CMF] SearchableText, custom subfolders, 2 data streams.

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes@hal-pc.org
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:44:23 -0500

Hello all, I'm actually getting somewhere with my portal app, here's some stumper(to me) questions:

1) Does the SearchableText python script have to reside in the
PortalPollProductClass? Can it be relocated to a local spot such as in
portal_skins/custom?

2) Is there a way to group methods in a subfolder of 'custom'?  I was
able to move my modified PortalPollProduct methods to
portal_skins/custom, but can't gather them in a portal subfolder because
Zope seems unable to find them in a subfolder to portal_skins/custom.

3) I am modifying the Portal Poll product such that I'm adding
properties other than the stock ones such as documentationURL. I would
also like to use the standard metadata fields since they already hold
title, description, etc. So I need to have all of these data fields on
one input form, but then split them up to go to their appropriate
places: title, desc-->metadata and  documentationURL-->PortalPoll
propertysheet.  I'm trying to marry the two methods that do these
independently, but as far as I can tell with how <form> is setup, it
doesn't appear as though you can submit to two different places at once.
I've tried just calling EditDone, but this doesn't seem to do it without
the action= statement set to ./

Thanks,

-- IV